Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just in case you're at my blog for thoughts on Stephen Colbert...

Welcome to anyone visiting from the Religion News Service article by Kimberly Winston!

In case you're looking for what I've written on Stephen Colbert, I need to tell you there's nothing on the blog. I had a great phone conversation with Kimberly, and I think she wrote a solid article.

I did post on Colbert's congressional hearing on Facebook last week:

"Leave it to Stephen Colbert to make a Congressional hearing interesting. Among the satire, however, is the real point. Colbert is asked why, of all the issues he could talk about, does he speak on this issue. Dropping out of character, Colbert says:

I like talking about people who don't have any power...I feel the need to speak for those who can't speak for themselves....We ask them to come and work, and then we ask them to leave again. They suffer, and have no rights."


Hope you'll stick around and check out the blog!

No comments: