Thursday, October 1, 2009

U2 Pilgrimage: An Unforgettable Moment

Ok...I still haven't shared my views on the three U2 shows I saw: would you believe me if I said I'm still processing?

Work has been busy as well.

So, I thought I'd share a great article I just found from the 9/13 Chicago concert we were at. This ten year old kid's birthday present was going to the U2 concert with his Dad. There was yet another present awaiting him. The article was written by Sara Clarkson of The Doings-Clarendon Hills, and the whole article can be found here on @U2's website:

When Emmett Grundberg went to the U2 concert for his 10th birthday on Sept. 13, he certainly did not expect lead singer Bono to ask him personally if he was having a good time."Then he asked if I wanted to go for a run," Emmett said. Bono and Emmett circled the massive stage at the concert, drawing cheers and applause from the tens of thousands of people at Soldier Field that night.This would be an unbelievable story for Emmett's friends and classmates and even for Emmett's family were videos not posted on You Tube as well as on Flickr.And, it's a good thing that there's proof because Scott Grundberg--Emmett's dad, the purchaser of the concert tickets and Emmett's "chaperone" for the evening--suddenly found himself at the concert alone. Without a bird's eye view of the stage he was unable to follow the whereabouts of his son after Bono led him away."Emmett's on stage with Bono,"

Scott texted his wife, Jane. Back home in Clarendon Hills and confused by the message, Jane tried texting and even phoning Scott to no avail. It wouldn't be until 1:30 a.m. with Scott and Emmett safely home that she would find out that the text was serious.Meanwhile, back at the concert, Scott said he was thinking: "Okay. Bono just stole my kid. How cool is that?"

Images and video of Emmett's run with Bono have been pouring in from concert goers so that Emmett (and his dad) can prove that they didn't make the story up. What a great birthday!!!

(Turns out I have a video of Emmett running around the stage!!!)


No comments: