Wednesday, March 4, 2009

U2 "No Line" Update

Listened through the new album about 5 times....

I agree with Scott that the opening track, No Line on the Horizon, might just be my favorite. The opening set, tracks 1-5, is just an impressive set of music. Love Moment of Surrender and Unknown Caller. Truth be told, I know a lot of people don't care for Boots, but I think it really works in terms of the album.

Musically, I thought "interesting" about a number of songs the first time through. The more I listen all the way through, the more I like. The first time, I was just listening. The second time, I was "moving and grooving" even though I was driving my truck (which fortunately continued to stay in its lane.)

There's a ton of interesting lyrics to digest, and I'm not ready to do so yet.

I imagine a STRONG live performance...quite different from the last two tours. It's just that type of album. (Don't ask me to explain it any more than that right now...)

:)

Very pleased!!!

1 comment:

Jen Carbonneau said...

It's been a while since I've bought a U2 cd. For years they were my favorite--gotta check 'em out again. Funny the things that come second when so many things come first.